Skip directly to content

Am I the only one?

• RedRaven's picture
    Am I the only one?
    Started by
    (09 May '12)

Seriously...Am I the only one, or one of the very few that really dont like, or understand the obsessed fascination fans have with "Hott Baguettes"?

Like seriously! Everything!! And I mean EVERYTHING I have ever liked has been RUINED by people who are OBSESSED with slash! South Park, Simple Plan, Digimon, Ben 10, Danny Phantom, Okay yeah most are cartoons, but still! Cant anyone leave anything alone?! :(

So please tell me, am I the ONLY one that finds this a childish obsession?

RedRaven's picture
on May 9, 2012 - 1:07am

Seriously...Am I the only one, or one of the very few that really dont like, or understand the obsessed fascination fans have with "Hott Baguettes"?

Like seriously! Everything!! And I mean EVERYTHING I have ever liked has been RUINED by people who are OBSESSED with slash! South Park, Simple Plan, Digimon, Ben 10, Danny Phantom, Okay yeah most are cartoons, but still! Cant anyone leave anything alone?! :(

So please tell me, am I the ONLY one that finds this a childish obsession?

Forum category: 
RedRaven's picture

I did know you were asking....and really I shouldnt be replying when I just wake up at 630am...And I should remember that not everyone know what the term "Slash" means...Im on deviantart.com everyday, so sadly I know this term inside and out, whether I like it or not. I am again sorry for snapping

Rebecka Jansson's picture

It's ok. I am too, that's why I had to ask!? You understand right? I didn't really know what slash was. I just read two guys and two girls together..

RedRaven's picture

Sorry, I get very defensive if someone claims/accuses/thinks/assumes I am either homophobic, or racist...it kinda hits a nerve. I didn't mean to snap at you. I was wrong with how I worded that comment to you. Im sorry.

But I look at gays the same way I look at straights...they are all just people. Most slash is pairing of straight characters together in a homosexual fashion. I really dont agree with that. I do see why people would think that Pierre and David have something going on behind the scenes, cause of how close they are. But Im really disturbed by some fans worship-ness towards its...i found it a bit disturbing too, that on Pierres birthday they wanted to trend #hottbaugettesbirthdaysex ...i know it was a joke, and maybe i dont have a sense of humor...but i found it kinda creep...

I am not putting words in your mouth. It just sounded like that's what you wrote. Thanks for clearing it up.

RedRaven's picture

No, I just have an issue with slash, when they are straight people. I love Gays, one of my best friends is gay. So please do not put words into my mouth.

two female or two male!? so you have an issue with homosexuality ?

RedRaven's picture

Hahaha Media, Slash is a genre of fanfiction involving pairing two male or female characters together; characters are commonly shown with a slash in between . So Hott Baguettes is David Pierre slash...Ive also seen David/Seb, Seb/Chuck, Chuck/Pierre, David/Chuck...Never Jeff for some reason...But its just the fact that some people go too far with it, that its extremely disturbing.

MediaDarling's picture

I have no idea what you are talking about....I have clearly been away too long....WTF is SLASH? I know what the Hot Baguette thing is...but other than that I am lost....so I guess I am not really bothered by it??

traces of teacups's picture

hmm... I'm not sure about this cause it seems to be more of a preference thing, but I can tell that you're most likely not the only one that didn't find slash enjoyable.

well, if I may give a bit of my point of view, I guess it's back to the people themselves -I think you already knew, though ;)-. maybe there are some cool things that Hott Baguettes fans enjoy seeing from PierrexDavid that you seem to miss; and if you happen to enjoy straight couples, then I think there'll be something that didn't catch their eyes but you seem to get, too.

as for the level of obsession, well, I think it's cool to be crazy about something as long as you don't push the limit. :) in your case, though, it seems that some had -the ones that forced you to see the traumatizing graphic- and sorry for that... sorry too for your childhood... -sigh- glad that you seem like a tough person to try move on after it. :)

back about the slash thing, sorry but I think the possibility for anyone to leave anything alone is pretty slim... it's probably more possible for people to start appreciate you and understand that you don't like slash instead of forcing you to see graphics that sure can bring trouble to you... being obsessed with something seems good for me as long as you don't pass the limit, so... yeah... perhaps you should politely tell them that you can't enjoy slash; that, if you haven't done so.

on the good side, not everything from the stuff you mentioned is full of slash. :) you can always try your best to avoid seeing slash graphics or stories and still enjoy the non-slash ones, like normal SP pics, pics about digimons and their partners, and so on. everyone has their way to express themselves and I guess different people will always come up with different things. heh.

sorry cause I can't really help you; but I can tell you that, in my opinion, not liking something is far from crazy -if you meant it in a bad way-, so hope you're not that pressured about it. heh.

good luck! :)

RedRaven's picture

No what I find childish is that there are some people with a unhealthy obsession over this Hott Baguettes thing. And I did not say that fans that are obsessed with Simple Plan ruin everything for me. I said people who are obsessed with SLASH ruin so many things that I like.

The reason for that is because my brain was scarred and broken from terrifying sexual abuse that had happened to me when I was younger, so seeing all this sexual fasications, and obsession to put too characters, or too people that in reality never actually be, make me want to curl into a ball and blank out everything I have just seen.

So you had read what i wrote, wrong. It could be the fact that my brain is broken, and I know that I dare to go on to the internet...But there are some people that force their graphic sexual drawings of Hott Baguettes on to my eyes, and I just wanted to see if its because my brain is the way it is, and I am just a messed up girl, or if others do agree with me, and that I am not crazy.

Mel_Addicted's picture

Why do you find it so childish? David and Pierre's love for each other is really cute.. And what, lol? People who are obsessed with Simple Plan ruin everything for you? I'm kind of confused..